- Our client is offering a salary up to £36k dependent on experience
- This role covers Southern England Estates with a visit to Aldershot HO once a week
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Car allowance
Our client with a Head Office based in Aldershot are seeking an experienced Area Manager to deliver outstanding customer, property and estate services to a dedicated portfolio across Southern England.
- Rigorously measure, monitor and review estate performance to ensure full compliance with health and safety statutory requirements, financial regulations, consultation requirements and internal policies and procedures
- Plan, control and authorise expenditure to ensure value for money is achieved for customers and leaseholders.
- Take swift action to resolve issues & report any significant areas of concern to the Head of Estates.
- Build, engage and develop your team to create a positive, supportive and professional ethos within the team
- Identify opportunities to continually improve the business such as enhancing working practices, expanding the portfolio, achieving cost efficiencies.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Experience of leading & developing high performance teams
- Evidence of building and maintaining positive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of leasehold housing, practices and principles including financial responsibilities & service charge accounting
- Experience of leading and managing projects
- Knowledge of retirement leasehold housing
- Experience of managing remote workers
- Willingness to travel on a day-to-day basis
- Flexible in approach to working hours e.g. accepting telephone calls out of normal working hours in urgent situations, attending evening meetings
- Car driver with clear licence and use of car