Our client based in Woking is seeking a Community Engagement Officer to contribute to the overall mission of the corporation so that they can progress their outlined Strategic Plan.
- Act as a central point of contact for the coordination of initial enquiries and ongoing management.
- Actively develop new opportunities for engagement across different departments within the corporation; externally promote community engagement activities and opportunities through high quality communications and utilising a variety of media.
- Develop and co-ordinate the work experience programme, including liaising with local education providers promoting opportunities for young people and careers in this sector.
- Work with the Community Engagement Manager to build a Trainee programme and induction for Apprentices, Kickstart or other young people focused initiatives.
- Working with the Director of HR, manage and maintain centralised training records for all Employees, including details of budget spend so that the central training budget can be managed, when required.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Previous experience of successfully working with large groups and the ability to reach and inspire others.
- Proven ability to handle challenging group delivery and drive plans forward by empowering others and work co-operatively as part of a team, prioritising effectively, responding to swiftly changing demands and dealing with complex issues.
- High level of commitment, highly motivated, with a self-disciplined approach to work
- Innovative, imaginative, resourceful, and focused on the wonder of nature
Our client is paying a salary up to £25k