- Our client is offering a salary up to £54k
- Company bonus – 20% of annual basic salary (based on Company performance & not guaranteed)
- Car Allowance
- Non-contributory pension – 16%
- 25 days holiday per annum (option to buy or sell up to 5 days)
- Non-contributory private medical insurance (employee and dependants)
- Life assurance – 4x salary
- Flexible Rewards
- Free onsite parking
- Shuttle Bus to and from Weybridge train station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Onsite gym
Our Award-Winning Employer is based in Weybridge and they are seeking someone to fill an exciting role of Environmental Lead. You will develop and implement a UK Environment plan by translating the company sustainability strategy and targets into a UK context, as well as identify and respond to UK focused environmental issues and regulations.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of the Group Sustainability strategy, the UK business and its environmental impacts.
- Acting as the local expert on UK environmental legislation and maintain awareness of the UK regulatory climate with regards the impact on the business of emerging environmental legislation.
- Creating and maintaining a UK environment plan to deliver the group strategy and targets in the UK and to address key market environmental issues at a local level.
- Develop SMART environmental targets for the UK business to support the achievement of both Global and Local plans.
- Co-ordinate activities support the development of programmes and initiatives required to achieve these targets with clear roles and responsibilities defined. Impact areas will include water, waste and greenhouse gas emissions. Your priorities will include contributing expertise to help shape existing projects and develop new initiatives on the responsible disposal and recycling of products.
- You will liaise with the Western European region, Global EHS function, Research and Development EHS to keep updated, share knowledge and experience and ensure the UK is aligned to global strategy.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- A degree in an environmental discipline or professional qualification – ideally Practitioner equivalent Institute of Environmental Management & Assessment (IEMA). Membership of professional body is preferable.
- Experience in consumer electronics will be beneficial
- An Environment professional with experience in a UK corporate/FMCG environment – experience in the electronics industry would be useful
- Understand and be able to explain implications of global trends for the environment on organisations
- Work autonomously and have a track record of developing and implementing strategic plans
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build rapport, persuade, influence and inspire at all levels
- Experience of project management with strong organisational skills
- Worked successfully with internal and external stakeholders