Our client based in Woking have a 6-month contract for a Finance & Administration Assistant, starting in January 2021
- Daily telephone and email enquiries dealing with inbound enquiries from a variety of contacts.
- Opening and processing daily all mail received by the Charity.
- Regular data entry of correspondence to the Charity’s management systems.
- Preparation of written correspondence such as thank you letters and invitations.
- Data entry to the purchase daybook, fixed asset register, maintaining daybook and register and assist in reconciliation to financial systems.
- Data entry to the CRM recording donations and gift aid, assist in the reconciliation to financial systems.
- Checking and maintaining mileage records of staff expense claims
- Procurement Card purchases.
- Assist with the organisation of conferences, events, and meetings for all departments.
- Organisation of staff travel arrangements.
- Maintaining and purchasing of office supplies.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy with excellent written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint)
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to handle difficult enquiries sympathetically while promoting a positive, pro-active image of the Charity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Database management (data entry, record management, report compiling)
- You will be working part time for 17.5 hours a week 3.5 hours each day (not including weekends). Initially you will be working from home, with occasional collection of items from the office
- There may be an occasional need to travel (for example to attend meetings or assist with events) or to attend a meeting outside of normal working hours which will be agreed in advance with the Governance & Business Manager and for which time off in lieu will be allowed in line with the current European Working Time Directive.