• Our client is offering a competitive salary
• This is a 6 month contract with the potential for a full time role
Our client based in Staines are seeking an experienced Health & Safely Executive. In return they will offer a competitive salary and package (including laptop/mobile phone), your own office space/working environment and the chance to join a growing business within the construction industry. There will be an opportunity to transition to a permanent position and a real opportunity for career progression.
• Promote a positive health and safety culture across the Group.
• Ensuring risk assessments are in place to cover all areas of the business this will include reviewing current risk assessments.
• Assisting departments and managers to carry out and implement risk control procedures
• Take responsibility for collating and presenting team data on a regular basis for review with team leaders at team meetings
• Carry out risk assessments with employees and managers and check ongoing implementation
• Coordinate health, safety and environment audits to ensure the health, safety and environment management systems are effective and suitable – Report and advise on findings and implement corrective action plans and identify areas of improvement
• Carry out project inspections
• Maintain and report relevant Key Performance Indicators on the performance of the health and safety management system and environment management system, including accident and near miss statistics across the group.
• Complete H&S reports to discuss with the Group Operations Director as and when required
• Arrange H&S Reviews and committee meetings to discuss upcoming changes/developments.
• Assist all departments with the completion of tender and prequalification documents and audits.
Skills and Knowledge Required
• Ideally you will have experience working within either a construction or manufacturing background, have a NEBOSH qualification, experience working in a H&S role aswell as previous experience/knowledge dealing with ISO 18001 and ISO 9001 management systems.
• You must have a full UK driving license and if you have a CSCS card and SMSTS this is a big advantage due to some of the nature of the work.
• facade and cladding experience useful