• Our client is offering a competitive salary up to £59k plus £7.2k car allowance
• 20% company bonus based on salary and company performance
• 16% non-contributory pension scheme
• 24 days holiday
• Subsidised on-site restaurant
• On-site gym and free parking
The role will lead the workplace safety portfolio and drive a unified approach across the UK to achieve best practice safety objectives and contribute to the goal of zero injuries by 2030. The role will be responsible for providing health and safety support and advice to key stakeholders across the business, ensuring a full understanding of requirements in a commercially focused way. They will provide expert safety and driver safety advice for the UK locations and field sales force and develop strategies and solutions to assist in the management of Health & Safety compliance.
• Lead the, planning, co-ordination and implementation of all safety and driver programs, systems, policies and procedures within the UK.
• Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming health and safety legislation and ensure that the business has in place systems and procedures to meet legal compliance and business requirements. Make recommendations as appropriate.
• Development and implementation of the health and safety policy, standards, guidance, and H&S management systems. Development and implementation of effective health and safety programs and systems in order to prevent work related incidents, hazards, collisions, injuries, and illnesses.
• Ensure that all H&S policies and procedures for the UK Market are compliant with relevant H&S legislation, codes of practice, UK best practice and Global Standards.
• Oversee activities of local EHS Coordinators to ensure the effective communication and adherence to Company H&S Policies and Procedures.
• Manage the risk assessment process for the UK Market activities, including generation of all new assessments, reviewing and monitoring effectiveness of controls.
• Manage the UK quarterly EHS submissions, ASP submissions, Committees and external reporting requirements in line with legislative & corporate requirements. Maintain comprehensive incident, injury and occupational illness statistics with the assistance of the team.
Skills and Knowledge Required
• Relevant degree level or equivalent. NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent. Chartered member of IOSH (minimum)
• Previous experience in leading and managing H&S activities in the UK, ideally in a large FMCG or corporate environment.
• Minimum of 3 years in a Safety role
• Understanding of business functions & processes
• Current knowledge of H&S legislation mandatory, including proven experience of creating and undertaking risk assessments