- Our client is offering a salary up to £25k
- 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
- On-site parking
Our client based in Chertsey are seeking an experienced Project Research Assistant to assist with identifying and researching new purchasing projects within a dynamic office environment.
- Analyse pricing offers from global suppliers and where required negotiate a more effective pricing structure as a result of this analysis.
- Discuss external pricing offers with management to agree a future purchase plan.
- Maintain an accurate information flow with both internal and external agencies.
- Requisition of external production samples, in order to scrutinise the quality of potential supply.
- Maintain a dialogue with the company QC department in order to optimise the product range.
- Conduct secondary research of new engine applications for introduction to the portfolio.
- Assist with information collation of current and future products, in order that new and revised company publications and catalogues can be produced in a timely manner.
- Update current and new development projects utilising bespoke software applications.
- Create and maintain product information within the above software application.
- Creation of purchase orders for departmental projects.
- Manage a variety of disparate projects in a dynamic environment
Skills and Knowledge Required
- The ability to multitask and prioritise effectively with a keen eye for detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret data for effective pricing negotiations.
- Ability to utilise a variety of software tools (including ALL Microsoft Office applications).
- Knowledge of diesel automotive products essential
- A basic understanding of technical and CAD drawings